About Blue Haven Pools & Spas St. Louis
Blue Haven Pools & Spas can help your dream pool become a reality - much more simply than you might think! With more than 50 years of experience in creating custom swimming pools, and offer the knowledge, experience and expertise needed for innovative pool design that works with your lifestyle.
- About Our Company
- Our Products and Services
- Meet the Blue Haven Team
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Organizations and Associations
We provide custom inground pools, as well as many other solutions for homeowners seeking to make their backyard a retreat from the rigors and stress of the day. Our pools and spas are all backed by industry-best warranties, and we have become one of the most trusted names in custom pools in more than 25 states.
BlueHaven of St. Louis offers peace of mind, top service and the best results possible. We are a licensed pool builder St. Louis that has the knowledge and expertise needed for your project. Here at Blue Haven Pools & Spas, we offer you a written contract, as well as a payment schedule and a full outline of the project from beginning to end.
Our pools are beautiful, stunning retreats that give you the means to relax, unwind, entertain and generally enjoy life to the fullest. Whether you want a simple pool for your family to relax in or a custom waterscape that incorporates exotic elements such as waterfalls, our pool contractors can achieve your dreams. In addition, we offer the best pool remodeling servicesavailable, and can help you transform that aging eyesore into a beautiful place to relax once more.
We provide you with more than cutting edge design and licensed construction, though. You will also find that we offer industry-leading technology and features that not only improve your enjoyment of your pool, but make pool ownership and maintenance simpler and easier than ever before. By partnering with only the best equipment manufacturers, we are able to bring you state of the art features and systems that help you enjoy a carefree ownership experience.
An affordable, easily maintained custom swimming pool can be yours - we provide you with the means to make that a reality.
We provide a variety of products and services for your backyard needs, including custom concrete pools, fiberglass pools and more. We're also proud offer the exclusive "Smart Features©" from Blue Haven, which work together to save you both time and money. Click any link below for more details.
- Gunite Pools
- Fiberglass Pools
- Smart Features
- Pool Covers
- Pool Service
- Pool Openings and Closings
- Renovation & Remodel
Working in the swimming pool business since the age of 21, Mark brings a life time of knowledge and experience to his position as president/owner of Blue Haven Pools in St. Louis. His background includes the manufacturing of one-piece fiberglass pools, from a leadman to becoming superintendent of a manufacturing plant, repairing and renovation of concrete, fiberglass, panel wall and vinyl liner pools and the design and building of fiberglass and gunite/concrete pools, spas and water features. He enjoys meeting and talking with other Blue Haven owners from other parts of the country to gain new insight on construction designs and challenges they are facing in their states and communities. Mark plays an integral role in every aspect of the company from sales and design through construction for all Blue Haven clients. His personal interest include going to and watching the St. Louis Blues and The Rams play, hunting, fishing, his family, church community and reading outside by the pool.
As Service Manager, Ken over sees the service technicians for the overall pool system support of 300 plus clients, weekly maintenance, system and design upgrades, renovations, openings and closings. Ken has a Masters degree in Business, 30 plus years in the service industry and a continuing desire to learn and grow, In his spare time he enjoys reading, fitness, family time and volunteers at Habitat for Humanity and his local church.
For 12 years Rose has been handling administrative duties, accounting, scheduling the next pool, or purchasing equipments, she works hand in hand with clients and all employees from start to finish. While pursuing her career in Business Management she has developed excellent communication skills and pays great attention to planning and organization.
Her hobbies include: family, vacationing in Florida, Hot Rod Cars and the outdoors.
Project Construction Manager
As project manager of Blue Haven Pools-St. Louis, Bill spends his days traveling to jobsites overseeing the construction, crews and all phases of the pool construction and also communicating with the customers throughout the project. Bills 40 years in the pool, business brings unmatched expertise and excellence to every pool we build. When he is not working he enjoys grilling, traveling and antiquing with his beautiful wife.
Pat’s design experience started while in high school, working for a landscape maintenance company. This led Pat to pursue an education in the outdoors with a specialization in design.
He obtained a bachelor's degree in Forestry/Landscapes Design from Southern Illinois University and then another degree from Southwest Illinois College in Horticulture/Landscape design. Now starts the real world experience. After a seasonal job working for the USFS in the Teton Mountain Range, Pat worked 11 years as a Landscape Designer for two professional firms designing outdoor areas including patios, retaining walls, outdoor kitchens/structures lavish landscape gardens, and swimming pools. In early 2011, Pat decided to take his career to the next level by designing directly for Blue Haven Pools. Since his start with Blue Haven, Pat has continued to push his creativity to new heights by designing free standing pools, swim-spas, cascading water features, and infinity edge pools. Sound interesting? Call us today and pat will come out and design the backyard you always wish you had, but only dreamed about.
Pat's hobbies include hanging out with his lovely wife and two children, teaching Sunday school and helping coach baseball and soccer.
Maintenance and Service Coordinator
As Maintenance and Service Coordinator for Blue Haven Pools & Spas of Saint Charles, Brea spends her day keeping in contact with our customers to make sure they are getting their maintenance request met as well as scheduled services tended too. Since Brea's start at Blue Haven she has brought a fresh and young take which has been a key token with her position as she studied Communications and has a true want to help each customer. Her Knowledge on scheduling and time management really keeps service and maintenance tasks maintained in an orderly and timely matter. She ensures every phone call will be answered and treats every Inquiry for Blue Haven with top priority.
In Brea's free time she enjoys coaching Gymnastics and being a mommy to her daughter Jayden!
At Blue Haven Pools St. Louis we are proud to be member of the following associations.
APSP – “The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals”
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
BBB – “Better Business Bureau”
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB's service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau's or an alternative provider's binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company's attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
Hayward® is one of the top pool equipment manufacturers in the world. For the past 80 years, their focus and objective is to make every homeowner’s pool experience worry-free and hassle-free. Their equipment is engineered to last, work smart, and help pool owners enjoy the pleasures of pool ownership.
A "Totally Hayward" pool builder is someone who is qualified to offer the complete line of technologically advanced pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, automatic pool cleaners, lighting, controls and salt chlorine generators. All high-quality components that are engineered to work together to keep your pool at its best.
A Totally Hayward builder also is authorized to offer homeowners a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty on all Hayward equipment.
More information on Hayward and Hayward pool equipment at http://www.hayward-pool.com.